Lyoko: Recoded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sometimes the only way is out.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The World Around Us

Go down 
+2
Ulrich
Jeremie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeremie
Admin
Jeremie

The World Around Us Empty
PostSubject: The World Around Us   The World Around Us EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 6:56 pm

Email Message from: Jeremie

Quote :
It's been ten years... that's a long time.

The world around us has changed significantly - the year is 2013. I was 12 when we shut down the computer - that makes me 22 now. Pretty weird, huh?

The governments around the world have begun to work together to halt international crime - it's brought much of Earth to peace, though it makes itself evident to the civilians through surveillance of all shapes and sizes. Wire taps are used commonly and most computers are equipped with special fixings that transmit activity to local hubs.

Typically I'd say it's not a problem unless you're doing something you shouldn't be doing, however programmers have become a target for fear of hacking apparatuses and anything suspect of being a virus of any sort - it's lowered both cybercrime and progress to a grinding halt.

However the crime rate being lowered means more people are working and more factories are busy with smog. The air is kind of dirty and foggy - eerie, maybe, would be the right word. Honestly the planet is kind of darker and the troops that patrol about isn't anything to take lightly. I'd wager things are more... dangerous, even for people living a normal lifestyle.

Let's see... Maybe something more local?

Kadic Academy grew, remember? The Principal signed a contract and added five buildings to the school to accommodate up to high school classes. We all actually graduated from there and went our separate ways! It's kind of sad, but growing up is necessary. You've had plenty of time to do that! You probably live somewhere fancy by now, huh? I'm not surprised.

In fact, none of you have been keeping in active contact with me, so I hope everything is going well; maybe send me a response sometime or give me a call. I'd appreciate it - it's pretty lonely in Sceaux since you all moved away. Throw me a bone some day.

Sincerely,

Einstein

-Professor Belpois, Kadic Academy
Back to top Go down
https://lyokorecode.rpg-board.net
Ulrich

Ulrich

PostSubject: Re: The World Around Us   The World Around Us EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 1:46 am

Email Reply from: Ulrich

Quote :
Jeremie,

Ten years. Hard to believe, right? I admit, I haven't really been paying attention to how things are going in the rest of the world; I've been too focused on things in my own life. I'm in Paris these days, living from paycheck to paycheck in a dead-end job you don't want to know about in a dead-end store you don't want to know the name of. It was Dad's idea, honestly; I would rather have stayed closer to Sceaux if I could have, but he was pretty insistent.

I'm really sorry I haven't been in touch. Aelita, Odd...even Yumi...I've just sort of lost track of everyone somehow. It makes my blood boil just to think about it, except the drudgery of day-to-day keeps me so distracted most of the time I don't even get to think about it. Until I saw your message, I hadn't even realized how long it had been...how far we've really grown.

I want to change that.

I promise, this isn't the last you're going to hear if me. In fact, if you've reached out to the others, I'll try and get in touch with them too, maybe work out some sort of...I dunno, Reunion or something? I know it sounds hokey, but it'd be nice.

Even if it's just for a little bit.

Hope to see you soon, Jeremie. You and everyone else.

--Ulrich
Back to top Go down
Aelita

Aelita

PostSubject: Re: The World Around Us   The World Around Us EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:06 pm

Email Reply from: Aelita

Quote :

Dear Jeremie,
I'm so happy to hear from you again! I hope you've been well, and I'm only sorry I haven't gotten in touch with you sooner myself. I guess I just got a little caught up in discovering the rest of the world for the first time; it was just so amazing, those first few years as a real, living person with no XANA to worry about. It was like discovering Lyoko all over again...so big, so fascinating, so much to explore!

And explore I did. Italy, Germany, Britain...I've even visited America. In fact, I only just came back to France yesterday. And what an amazing journey it's been. I've met so many people, found my life all over again, really learned what it means to be human again. I understand myself so much better now than I ever have before in my life.

And despite all that...all those new experiences, all those new people, all those new friendships...when I saw that you'd e-mailed me this morning, it all faded to the background at the memory of you.

It really is wonderful to hear from you, Jeremie. I didn't really think about it until now, but I've really missed you. And Odd. And Yumi. And Ulrich. I miss us. All of us, being together. It was there, buzzing in the back of my mind the whole time, that feeling, but I was just so distracted by all the New I never fully realized it until now. But now that I do...I find myself wanting to see you again. All of you. I hope we can keep in touch after this, Jeremie. Maybe even see each other again? Wouldn't that be nice?

In any case, I hope this message finds you well.

Sincerely,
Aelita
Back to top Go down
Odd

Odd

PostSubject: Re: The World Around Us   The World Around Us EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:43 pm

Email Reply from: Odd

Quote :

Well if it isn't Einstine! Long time, no talk. It's been 10 years already? Well doesn't time just fly by- If your 22, what does that make me? Remember Jeremie, i'm a whole year older then you! Sadly, my big idea to become a great rock star, didn't exactly happen. But hey, we all know that life doesn't go exactly like we want. I'll be honest, i haven't heard from any of the guys either, this is the first in months.

I'm glad you've filled me in on all of this, You know me, not big on the "real world". Sometimes i still wish i could travel back to Lyoko, where i wouldn't have to worry about all of the politics, economic problems, and bills.I've heard things now and then about the loss of crime, but i was never really that interested.

Things have been strange here. I've also noticed the heavy air, it makes you feel as if your just dragging along. I usually try and avoid going outside, which makes things tough for Kiwi, but then again, he did live in my dorm for nearly 6 years. It's also dangerous to walk around at night here, they put limits on the times people can be out, they'll come and snatch you up and take you to the big house if you're caught out too late.

It's strange to suddenly hear from you Einstein, are you planning something? If so, you know you can always count me in.

Keep in touch,

Odd Della Robbia.

Back to top Go down
Dunbar

Dunbar

PostSubject: Re: The World Around Us   The World Around Us EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 11:17 pm

Quote :

Yeah, It feels much longer than that.

It's a pain if you ask me, I don't need some poin-dexter, no offense, telling me what I can and can't do. What ever happened to privacy, huh? Cyber crime may be down but regular crime has been escalating probably because people feel violated. I myself have put on a few displays of...rebellion.

Now don't worry Einstein, I haven't hurt anybody or anything-just a few laws here and there. I'd love to say I had some cushy office job but you know I never had the grades for that. But I have an honest herd working job for the natural gas company here.

It sounds like you and Kadic are both doing great-I haven't been there since graduation but I guess I did hear about the renevations. I expected you to be some important scientist not a teacher but then again you where always a good teacher.

I haven't had contact with the others either, I tried to keep in touch with Yumi but she moved and never gave me her new number-or maybe she changed it to avoid me. I don't know. Either way I have been good, enough extra money for a few drinks now and then but I was never partial to the taste of acohol.

Anyway, it was nice talking to you Einstein-tell the others I said hi. Maybe hint to Yumi that it's been awhile since i've talked to her.

Bye,

William

Back to top Go down
Yumi

Yumi

PostSubject: Re: The World Around Us   The World Around Us EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 8:41 am

Quote :
You know Jeremie, it's really funny you happened to send me an email! I came upon a French exchange student today in class - his voice reminded me a lot of yours and I actually amost picked up the phone because of it! Laughing

It's kind of nice to be back in Japan, though! I had to move back because of daddy's job originally, but once I was able to move out with some new friends I took up a career in psycology! I'd like to pick your brain sometime, actually - and is the government really that bad in France? It's rather lax here but I wouldn't put it past them if they were hiding from the public.

I hope you're doing okay. I worry about you, dork; I'd hate to see you get hurt over your silly experiments.

Like a Star @ heaven Yumi Ishiyama
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The World Around Us   The World Around Us Empty

Back to top Go down

The World Around Us
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lyoko: Recoded :: In-Character :: Introductions-
Jump to: